to End of Work in Japan

Read more about me and my blog here!
My Life in Japan

Your Say Here...



adopt your own virtual pet!

adopt your own virtual pet!

Recent Posts...
Nayuta!
PS3 Playstation 3 for sale!!!
My 500th post... and it's about PS3!
Updates
New Photo Album
Fwd: Important notice regarding your KODAK EASYSHA...
Motosumiyoshi
Vodafone = Softbank
Japanese Work Culture
first day at work in japan

Archived Posts...
January 2005
February 2005
March 2005
April 2005
May 2005
June 2005
July 2005
August 2005
September 2005
October 2005
November 2005
December 2005
January 2006
February 2006
March 2006
April 2006
May 2006
June 2006
July 2006
August 2006
September 2006
October 2006
November 2006
December 2006
January 2007
February 2007
March 2007
April 2007
May 2007
July 2007
August 2007
June 2008
September 2008
August 2009

Me in Photos
Userid = winzwong(at)gmail.com
password = ilovewinston

My Photolog
winz's photo space

Email Me!



My Frenz's Blogs...
Yi San
Fang Yih
Siow Nan
Tsu Tsen
Jac
Shirley
Boon Long
Razlan
Ivan Lee Xiao Long
Beatrice
Becky

Hall Six Friends...
Soo Yi
Sherline
Diana
Debbie
Weiwen
Cheryl
Ivy
Nigel
Jingxian

Barflies' Blogs...

Airhole I
Airhole II
Winter
CG
Barffie
Serendipity
Ah 9
Hermit
Sandralicious
Brennan
Cowboy Caleb
Cowgoesmoo
Duckhawk
Frenie
Jesuafreak
King Meng
Makanguru
Mandrake
Naeboo
Nadnut
Natsu Umi
Pensive Tabby
Sassyjan
Sunshin3
X
Zhi Yang

Interesting Blogs I Read...
Kenny Sia
Post Secret
Kotaku
Popgadget
Boing Boing
Core77's Design Blog
Tokyotimes
Mr Brown
Videogame Aristocracy
The King's Prescribed Dose
Band Band!
The Hanging Stranger
Sixth Seal


Blogroll Me!


for those who have trouble viewing japanese/ chinese charactors here, pls try switching your encoding to Unicode UTF-8. that should fix it


Tuesday, November 21, 2006

Oboe...

I finally bought my oboe, PS3 sold or not.

Bought a relatively cheap one (but still expensive for me!) over the internet... 2nd hand of course.

Saw from a forum that this lady wanted to sell her instrument.

Although it's pretty scary dealing over the internet, by faith I proceeded with the deal, and was happy that the instrument came last Sunday.

Throughout the couple of weeks, I have been corresponding with this lady. Not really making small talk, but just talking about the oboe, band, love of music, and things in general.
I wouldn't say that we had became friends (because we hadn't), but there's still this certain amount of trust you have to give to someone especially when you have to transfer 1350 SGD to her without the instrument in sight.

I was supposed to mail her once I received the instrument, but it slipped my mind on Sunday, probably due to the excitement of receiving the parcel. Her mail came on Monday, which was yesterday, asking if I had received it already. I promptly replied saying I did, and conveyed my thanks.

She replied again, saying that she was relieved that the instrument has been delivered safely. And of course, she said her thanks.

Final thanks.

I replied her today, saying that I should be the one thanking her for letting me have the instrument at such a good price (debatable, but..). Immediately, I got a reply from yahoo, saying that the email is not in use.

I was pretty stunned.

Ok, it was evident that the email account was created for this sale only. She had followed through the deal, and closed the yahoo mail account once she received confirmation of receipt of the instrument.

But still I feel perturbed.

Not that I know her at all, I don't - except for her name, her bank account, which prefecture she is at, her current band life - and not that I enjoyed corresponding with her (just business talk most times). But somehow, I still feel a kind of relationship through the oboe that I got. Weird, but you get what I am saying?

This instrument was being used by her for the past 3 years. If I were her, I would have cared very much for the oboe, and it would like be an extension of me.... so if I were to sell it to someone else, I would firstly feel sad to see the instrument go, and secondly, I would want to know how it is being treated by the new owner. Whether the owner is pleased with it. Whether the oboe is being mistreated. etc. And for me now, I feel obliged to tell the previous owner how I feel about the instrument. updates on its well being, etc.

So in a way, somehow I feel connected to the previous owner through the instrument.

But with the cancellation of the mail account, the connection was severed for good.

It's also not that I want to carry on corresponding with her. But I do want to tell her, say for eg if I play the oboe in a concert next time, I want to tell her that the oboe was great! stuff like that.

I felt pretty lost.

I still feel lost and stunned. Silly I know...

That's why I wrote this post.

Not sure if any of you understand how I am feeling. But for those who do, thank you for sharing my feelings....


And to a certain Hagiwara Mitsuki san, since my last mail did not get to you,

Thank you once again for the oboe. I will take care of it from now on....


posted by winz at 7:23 PM   0 comments

~|=|~

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home